Invent

College History



History Of Tissa Central National School


The history of the school runs deep into twelve years before Sri Lanka becomes an independent country. The exact date of the commencement of the school is 5th November 1936. The school started in a small land near Summithrarama Maha Viharaya of kalutara north, and Kalyani Weerawardana was fortunate to be the first student of it.

The school went so on for nearly four years and the number if students increased day by day. The necessity of sufficient space for the school felt thoroughly. On this occasion a famous philanthropist named W. Alson De Silva of the area agreed to donate the present land. New buildings were erected soon with the aid of the people of the area and school shifted to the present location.

The school was so developed and it was taken over and governed by the government on 30th June 1945.

After becoming a government school there were several developments took place and creation of school anthem made by the courtesy of Nimal Welgama was one of them.

The school was upgraded as a central collage soon and again in 2007 upgraded as a National School with the name change as “Tissa Central National School”.

facebook Fan!

Contact us!

Tissa National School

  • user_white Horana Road, Kalutara North, Sri Lanka
  • speech_white Tel. +94 34 223 8456
  • mail_white E-mail: Gmail
  • mail_white E-mail: Yahoo


Visit also our social profiles:

Scroll to top